The final step in the process of obtaining a U.S. non-immigrant visa is to read our security notice, submit your application at the Consulate General and interview with the consular officer.
Before leaving for your appointment, ask yourself the following questions:
□ Have I filled out, submitted and printed out the confirmation page of the required online application form? [Step 3]
□ DS-160 (All Applicants)
□ Have I scheduled an appointment through the Visa Appointment System? [Step 4]
□ Have I paid the non-refundable application fee and printed out the Visa Deposit Slip? [Step 5]
□ Have I remembered to bring all of my required supporting documentation? [Step 6]
□ Have I prepared a return envelope? [Step 6]
□ Have I read the Consulate's Entry Regulations and Forbidden Items Handout?
□ Have I left all my electronics at home? (Handys, USB sticks, Laptops, Game Devices, MP3 Players, etc.)
If you are able to check off each of these questions as being complete, you're ready to submit your application and interview with the consular officer!
We regret that due to the size of our waiting room, we are unable to accommodate friends or family members accompanying you who are not applying for visas, with the exception of parents of minor children.
|When I arrive at the Consulate/Embassy
- Only visa applicants are allowed to enter the Consulate. No guests are allowed to enter with the applicants unless the applicant(s) are applying for a F/J/M visa and are under the age of 16; then one (1) parent is allowed to accompany the applicant into the Consulate.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior, but no earlier, to your scheduled appointment.
Note: your appointment time is for entrance into the building and not for the actual visa interview
- When you arrive, you can expect to go through a security line similar to that at the airport and be screened for electronics and restricted objects, e.g.:
- remove belt
- remove all items from your pockets
- go through a metal detector
- have your items x-rayed
Being prepared for this security screening will help facilitate your entrance into the Consulate.
Notice: If you are found to have any electronics or restricted objects on your person, you will be sent away and asked to return once you have disposed of these objects.
Some of these items include:
!!We are unable to store any electronics or other objects at the Consulate/Embassy!!
- Once inside the Consulate/Embassy, you can expect to spend roughly 2-3 hours to finish your Visa Application Process.
We hope you enjoy your visit to the United States. We look forward to having you here!