Please see our events calendar.
- July 31: Prof. Dr. Salah S. Hassan, Chairman, Department of Marketing, George Washington University, lectures on “Telling America’s Story to the World: US Nation Branding” at Amerika Haus Berlin (as part of International Symposium on Cultural Diplomacy)
- July 10–12, 2009: “The Future of Public Diplomacy,” Lutherstadt Wittenberg
- U.S. Embassy Fachleiter Conference 2009/American Studies Seminar
"Urban Cultures, Urban Landscapes: Growing Up in the American City"
Bonn, May 21-24, 2009
- March 23, 2009 Kimberley L. Phillips - “African American Oral Traditions and Political Activism: The Struggle for Civil Rights from 1960 to the Election of President Obama”
Teacher Training Seminar in cooperation with LISUM
U.S. Embassy Berlin
- 45. Münchner Sicherheitskonferenz www.us-botschaft.de/sicherheitskonferenz2009
- New Roles for Librarians in the 21st Century: Hollywood Librarians, New Librarians, Vanishing Librarians
US Embassy Berlin, Pariser Platz 2, 10117 Berlin
November 7, 2008
- U.S. Presidential Election 2008 - Berlin-Brandenburg School Project
A joint program of LISUM and the U.S. Embassy
- U.S. Embassy Teacher Academy 2008
Lincoln’s Legacy: Nation Building, Democracy and the Question of Race and Civil Rights
October 2–5, 2008
- Vigorous Executive: The President in American Politics and Culture
The Wittenberg Summer School 2008
Leucorea Foundation, Lutherstadt Wittenberg
August 10–16, 2008
- The U.S. Embassy Lecture Series: American Indians Today: A Discussion with Allison Davis-White Eyes
The U.S. Embassy cordially invites students and teachers from Berlin schools (grade 10-13) to participate in a lecture and discussion.
June 3, 2008, 11:00-14:00, Ethnologisches Museum Berlin-Dahlem
Building Bridges - Brücken bauen
What is German?-What is American? Youth Exploring Their Place And Identity In Society
State Representation of Thuringia
December 4, 2007
Interkulturelle Kompetenz durch interkulturelle Bibliotheksarbeit
Berlin, Bibliothek am Luisenbad
November 19, 2007
Hip-Hop: American Youth Culture At Home and Abroad
October 31, 2007
U.S. Embassy Teacher Academy 2007
"Ethnic Visions of the United States of America"
Bildungsstätte des Erzbistums Paderborn,
October 3–5, 2007
The American Press and the Challenges of Politics and Technology
Wittenberg Summer School. ZUSAS - Zentrum für USA-Studien. Stiftung Leucorea an der Martin-Luther-Universität, Halle-Wittenberg. July 30-August 4, 2007
Midterm Election: A New Direction for America?
Teacher Training Seminar
Berlin, Fulbright Kommission, October 30, 2006
U.S. Embassy Teacher Academy 2006
"The American South"
Zentrum für USA-Studien (ZUSAS) der Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg, October 27–30, 2006
The “Coming of Age”: Cultural Construction of Age(ing)
Akademie der Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung
Berlin, September 7 and 8, 2006
Religion in American Politics and Culture
Wittenberg Summer School. ZUSAS - Zentrum für USA-Studien. Stiftung Leucorea an der Martin-Luther-Universität, Halle-Wittenberg. July 31-August 5, 2006
36th Annual American Studies “Fachleiter” Seminar
“Imagining (the) American Community(ies) in History, Politics and the Arts”
Potsdam, May 25-28, 2006
Globalization and Cultural Identity
Teacher Training Seminar
Berlin, Amerika Haus, March 3-4, 2006
3rd Annual U.S. Embassy Teacher Academy 2005
"Arab American Literature and Culture"
Bad Kreuznach, Oct 29 - Nov 1, 2005
35th Annual American Studies Seminar
"The Arts in America"
Berlin, May 5-8, 2005
2nd Annual U.S. Embassy Teacher Academy 2004
"Re-Writing America: Multi-Ethnic Perspectives in Literature and the Media"
Blaubeuren, November 18-21, 2004
34th Annual American Studies Seminar/Amerikastudientagung of the U.S. Embassy (Fachleiterkonferenz)
"Fact Meets Fiction: U.S. Politics, Popular Culture and the Media"
Potsdam, May 20-23, 2004
How Libraries Work: Libraries in the United States/Wie arbeiten Bibliotheken in anderen Ländern: Bibliotheken in den USA
Cooperation and Partnership in American Libraries: Serving the Library Users of Today - and Tomorrow
Amerika Haus Berlin, April 30, 2004. In cooperation with the Free University of Berlin
Arab-Western Summit of Skills
Professionals, Policies and Projects in the Arab World
Berlin, January 17-18, 2004
1st U.S. Embassy Teacher Academy 2003
"U.S. History and Politics and Visual Culture"
Tutzing, October 2-5, 2003
Conference: The Canon Debate Today (pdf)
The Representation of U.S. History and Literature in American High School and College Textbooks"
Berlin, September 15-16, 2002