Consular Agency Bremen
American Citizen Services
The Consular Agency is located on the fourth floor of a building directly across from the Bremen Airport departure (Abflug) entrance. You can take the elevator or stairs to the Agency. We are easily accessible using train or streetcar.
Flughafenallee 18, 4th Floor
Federal Republic of Germany
The agency operates on a walk-in, first-come, first-served basis (no appointments).
Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 09:30 am to 1:30 pm
Wednesdays from 9:30 am to 11:30 am
Closed on: German and American Holidays
Please note that the consular agency will be closed for the month of August from July 31, 2014 and will reopen for business as usual on Tuesday September 2, 2014. US consular offices in Germany will be observing the US holiday, Labor Day, on Monday, September 1.
Please note that temporary closures could occur on short notice. When possible any closures will be posted on this website.
The Consular Agent:
• Accepts applications for passports, passport cards and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (Additional passport pages are not added on site at the US Consular Agency. If additional pages are needed at short notice, applicants are requested to make an appointment.)
• Provides notary services such as affidavits, acknowledgements and certified copies.
• Protects interests of U.S. citizens in the region, conducts welfare/whereaabouts inquiries, visits prisoners, monitors local police and judicial authorities on behalf of US citizens.
• Assists US citizens who are hospitalized, destitute, or otherwise in need of immediate information or advice.
• Assists families of deceased US citizens, including repatriation of remains and obtaining legal documents.
• Assists in voter registration and application for absentee ballots.
Please note: Emergency US passports are only issued at the Consular Sections in Berlin, Frankfurt or Munich.
No visa services are offered at the consular agency.
Services involving renunciation of US citizenship are not provided at the US Consular Agency.
Important Procedures for your Visit to the Agency:
Please submit a required DIN-5 self-addressed, self-stamped envelope for return of a new passport (stamps valued at €3,60). For a Consular Report of Birth please submit a DIN-4 self-addressed, self-stamped envelope (stamps valued at €3,60).
It is not possible to have passport photos made in the Agency.
Telephone calls may not be answered during the public opening hours shown above.
Tel.: 0421-301 5860
Fax: 0421-301 5861
In an emergency please contact the US Embassy Berlin at 030-8305-0.
Directions to the Bremen Consular Agency:
Streetcar: From Bremen main train station (Hauptbahnhof), exit front of station and take streetcar line 6. Departures are at 5-minute intervals for the 15-minute trip the airport (Flughafen).
Car: Follow signage for airport.
*Please be sure that current data is available to your car’s navigation system. Since the Autobahn A281 has just recently been finished, there could be some confusion. When in doubt, follow signs with airport logo.
Parking: Parking is available in Parkhaus 1, located directly behind (or adjacent) to the building where the US Consular Agency is located (drive into short-term parking “Kurzzeitparken”). To walk to the agency simply exit the parking garage passing the park automats, turn right and walk about 75 meters to corner of building entrance no. 18.
ACS Outreach Day Hamburg
September 4, 2014
Please see information under the Hamburg section for information on how to register via e-mail.
Consular Outreach Day in Düsseldorf
U.S. Consulate General, Willi-Becker-Allee 10
September 18, 2014, 10:30-14:00
U.S. Passport, Consular Reports of Birth and Notarial Services
Further information and how to register: Click here (PDF)